Wednesday, September 24, 2008

TE121 Commercial Conversions

Long day, last session of the day, and probably the most important session. Moving from Enterprise to Voyager. Talked to a few people at lunch. One moved from Enterprise to Voyager and one upgraded from Voyager 5 to 6 with Commercial. Both said it was awful, etc.

Big picture, I don't think "it's hard" is a good reason to stay on Enterprise. I know there are a few things that are better about Voyager. Also, since we own Enterprise outright, there are real costs associatated with upgrading beyond "it's hard." Some of the new functionality we'll be able to duplicate, some we won't, some it won't be worth the trouble either way.

This session is in the other hotel so I had to take the shuttle over. It's pretty easy to get turned around so I'm not sure if this hotel is on-the-way to mine, or in the wrong direction.

Hmm, presenter is John Pendergast. You may remember him from earlier.

I hope he does a better job this time. It was a close race of "Best Fluff Piece" between this guy and Scott Wiener.

No comments: